I remember clearly it was a few years back when I inherited an Instant Pot from my sister. One day I decided as a project to sit down and Google all the best ways to use it on weeknights for fast (but delicious!) meals. That’s honestly the best thing about an instant pot. It takes away so many steps that get tedious and annoying during meal prep.
Truth be told, my favorite thing about the Instant Pot is that I only have 1 pot to clean!
Ok here are 9 of my favorite cooking ‘hacks’ using the Instant Pot for anyone who 1) likes good, healthy homemade meals, and 2) hates doing more work than absolutely necessary. There’s something for everybody here, take what you like and remember to share what you find delicious and simple with others!
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta is good solid comfort food and everyone I’ve shared it with has really enjoyed it. Super easy, savory and cheesy, this one is sure to please. It combines two of my absolute favorites (tacos & pasta) into one single dish to create this super tasty, family friendly dinner that requires only 6 ingredients and about 10 minutes of cooking time! Here’s the recipe.
- Chicken and pesto with carrots and potatoes. Who doesn’t love yummy tender chicken slathered in garlicky pesto with a side of veggies? This dish combines them all, with your Instant Pot ensuring that your chicken is tender! Move over red meat. Hello, chicken!
- Picadillo is one of the great dishes of the Cuban diaspora: a soft, fragrant stew of ground beef and tomatoes, sprinkled with raisins added for sweetness and olives for salt. Chances are you’ll encounter it while traveling the Caribbean and into Latin America. Here’s a recipe adapted for the Instant Pot.
- GROUND BEEF & RICE SHAWARMA. Got a hankering for Indian? If you’ve got some basmati lying around you can whip up this recipe in no time.
- Whole spaghetti squash. Cool visuals aside, this one is pretty impressive for wowing your dinner guests or simply a quiet night at home.
- Made this risotto the other night and it was glorious. For those who don’t already know, risotto is one of those things you must make in the Instant Pot over the stovetop. So much easier and faster!
- If you’re a jambalaya fan like me, you’ve gotta try this recipe. Hunt down some Andouille sausage at the farmers market, and don’t skimp on the shrimp.
- Here’s another easy one – chicken and rice. Super simple comfort food for those fast weeknight meals.
- Last but not least, a classic staple must-have in your meal routine: chicken broth. Here’s the recipe!
And there you have it – the results of my hunt for the very best of Instant Pot Weeknight Cooking. If you try any of these and love it be sure to let me know!